- Purchase link: http://mybook.to/theWardenJonRichter
- Genre: Psychological Thriller
- Print length: 312
- Suitable for young adults? This is an adult book but suitable for mature teenagers 16-
- Trigger warnings: Covid references; homicide with some graphic violence; references
- to medical experimentation on humans; swearing; brief animal cruelty (goldfish left
- to die); references to suicide and mental illness
- Amazon Rating: 4.5 stars
About The Warden
The year is 2024, and the residents of the Tower, a virus-proof apartment building, live in a
state of permanent lockdown. The building is controlled by a state-of-the-art AI named
James, who keeps the residents safe but incarcerated. Behind bricked-up front doors, their
every need is serviced; they are pampered but remain prisoners.
This suits Eugene just fine. Ravaged by the traumas of his past, the agoraphobic ex-detective has no intention of ever setting foot outside again. But when he finds the Tower’s building manager brutally murdered, his investigator’s instincts won’t allow him to ignore the vicious crime. What Eugene finds beyond the comfort of his apartment’s walls will turn his sheltered existence upside down. To unravel the Tower’s mysteries, he must confront James… and James takes his role as the Warden very, very seriously.