My latest completed book has left me reeling from a book hangover. Don Quixote is, in my mind, an essential reading and one that has surpassed all my expectations of it. Edith Grossman is a good place to start…but now I’ll need to read the other translations!Continue reading
I read 62 books in 2019 and 51 in 2020. I focus more on instagram these days but I might return to writing longer pieces some day so I am keeping the handle. Happy reading!
It’s been a busy month; after finishing my second book for the year – Stephen King’s THe Stand, I have gone on a short reading break. My current mood has taken me back to gaming temporarily.
In the meantime, just here to share a new Bored Panda post on Lublin, Poland. It uses some of my photos and I’m kind of happy about it too. Lublin is a lovely city, really.
- It is the first out of 52 books planned for this year (though again I’m hoping to exceed. In 2019, I read 61 books).
- Corresponds to the letter B of my #AlphabetSoupChallenge
- Fits into the Icy category of my Book Bingo Challenge as some of it takes place in winter; one of the character freezes nearly to death
- It has a strong friendship theme, a meaningful love, and fits into “written in first-person” – and what an interesting narrator it is. It’s the category I’m ticking off for this book for sure, the narrator is superb and original.
- It also happens to be on the BBC list of books to read.
Happy Bookish New Year! May it be joyful, prosperous healthy and filled with great reads.
Before I introduce the first completed book of 2020, yes I’ve already got one, I wanted to mention some good reads of the end of 2019. Two books were actually standouts for my end of the year reading forays.Continue reading